- On March 5, 2020
- All about GST, Goods and Services, GST, GST Act, GST Blog, GSTNews, GSTR 2A, Input Tax credit, Reconciliation
In this GST era, the input tax credit mechanism is such a powerful tool which is utilized by the government to keep watch on all kinds of transactions among the business concerns.
You must be thinking, how is this even possible because the money passes through so many direct-indirect channels so its quite tedious task to do but in the advancing technological world everything is easy and can be done on a click. Just like using GRECS for ITC reconciliation to save time and money with a perk of doing it from home!
So, here we are to help you out with your doubt of how the government keeps a check on your tax credit claim. Let’s get started with the following pointers telling the exact method and process followed by the government.
- Government is sitting on voluminous data in the GST regime.
- Earlier, the power of access to such huge data was unavailable.
- Government engages in the heavy use of Data Analytics with industry and sector benchmarking regarding ITC claim.
- Next comes the smart monitoring systems available with assessing officers configured with various kinds of analytical, graphical and ratio analysis.
- The advancing technology helps in keeping a close eye on unscrupulous refund claims.
- Availability of data trail enables the identification of circular trading transactions.
- Identification of fake entities and registrations using locational mapping techniques helps in tracking down the defaulters.
- All India e-way bill system tracks the transportation of goods which is now linked with www.vahan.nic.in which provides transparency. Moreover, a proposed system of e-invoicing will further strengthen the control of the government.
With the increasing use of technology, there is less and less requirement of any human intervention in finding out the red flags among such big data. Hence, technology is being used in pinpointing the exact event of fraud and has increased the accuracy of anti-evasion measures undertaken by the department.
Do let us know in the comment section how do you like this piece of information.